The GRE is a standardized test students take when applying abroad to graduate programs. For the convenience of students, the conducting body has recently added a rescheduled GRE feature.
These modifications have been made for students who fail to appear on the scheduled test date. The GRE rescheduling features allow you to change your exam dates in unforeseen circumstances. A nominal fee is associated with rescheduling your GRE.
Rescheduling the GRE Exam
To achieve a high GRE score, you may need to put in a lot of effort and practice. You must first assess your GRE preparation before applying for the GRE. However, if you have a last- minute emergency that prevents you from taking the test on the scheduled date, ETS policy will allow you to reschedule the GRE exam.
Here are the six simple steps to rescheduling your GRE exam:
● Step 1: Go to the ETS official website and sign in with your email and password.
● Step 2: Navigate to the Upcoming Test section, where you will see two options: Reschedule and Cancellation. Select Reschedule.
● Step 3: Choose a new test date and time from the available options. You can also select a different test centre if you wish.
● Step 4: If your dates are available, a new window will appear to confirm them. Select the Register option.
● Step 5: If you have rescheduled your GRE, complete the form by rechecking your personal information such as name, contact, test date, centre, etc. Please confirm.
● Step 6: The final step in rescheduling a GRE exam is to pay the required fees. Following payment of the rescheduled fee, you will receive a confirmation email on your registered email address.
You can reschedule your test registration online using your ETS account in all other locations.
Cancellation of GRE Exam
If you cancel your GRE General Test registration no later than four days before your test date, you will receive a refund equal to half of the original test fee.
Through your ETS account, you can cancel your test registration online. The three simple steps for cancelling a GRE exam are as follows:
● Step 1: Sign in to the ETS official website with your email address and password.
● Step 2: Navigate to My Account and select Upcoming Test. Two options will appear on your screen: Reschedule and Cancellation. Select Cancellation.
● Step 3: To cancel your test, click the "Confirm Cancellation" button.