A Master's degree in Marketing is an interdisciplinary course covering all aspects of the marketing world right from understanding the ecosystem in which the product/service is introduced to various price and sale strategies that can be implemented to ensure its wide acceptance.
Eligibility for Students for a Masters in Marketing abroad:
● A bachelor’s degree in any field of study with a minimum 55-60% score
● A higher than average score in an English proficiency test such as TOEFL/IELTS, students can apply for a waiver if the medium of study in an undergraduate degree was English.
● Work Experience - Some universities might have a minimum requirement of 2-3 years of work experience but a majority of programs are open to freshers as well.
● Some Ivy League schools might have an additional requirement of a GMAT/GRE. Average GMAT scores of Ivy League cohorts range from 600 - 740 so scoring 690+ is ideal. Scoring a 300+ on your GRE is another alternate option.
● Academic Transcripts
● Statement of Purpose
● Valid Passport and Student Visa
Key highlights of pursuing a Masters in Marketing abroad:
● Duration - 1 to 2 years (including placement)
● Mode of study available - Part-time and full-time programs. With a student visa, candidates are also permitted to work 20 hours a week.
● Specializations Available - Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing, Marketing Research and Analytics, Marketing Management, Public Relations, Integrated Marketing Communications
● Scholarships Available - Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarship, Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship, Global Korea Scholarship
● Tuition Fees - Differs from country to country but approximately 40,000 USD to 150,000 USD/ year
Subjects covered in a Masters in Marketing program:
● Digital and social media marketing
● Strategic marketing management
● Brand management
● Relationship marketing
● Marketing research and analytics
● Consumer and buyer behavior
● Brand management
● Marketing communications
● Corporate responsibility and sustainability
● International marketing
● Business-to-Business Marketing
Course Variations available in Masters in Marketing courses:
● Master's Degree in Marketing and Market Research
● Master's degree in Strategic Marketing
● Master’s Degree in Marketing & Digital Communication
● Master's Degree in Digital Content Management
● Master’s in International Marketing
● Master’s in Digital Marketing
● Master’s in Marketing Management
● Masters in Transformation Digital, Marketing & Strategy
● Master’s in Marketing and Business
● MSc in Marketing & Creativity
Career Opportunities post a Masters in Marketing abroad:
A wide variety of job opportunities across industries are accessible to students post a Masters in Marketing with roles like Marketing Research Analyst, Marketing Operations Manager, Marketing Director, Digital Marketing Executive, Product Manager, Strategic Analyst, Fundraising Professional, Sales Manager, Account Director, Business Development Professional, Marketing Writer, Marketing & Communications Manager, Branding Professional.
Top Colleges offering Masters in Marketing courses:
● HEC Paris - Paris, France
● Warwick Business School - Coventry, United Kingdom
● Imperial College Business School - London, UK
● Columbia Business School - New York City, US
● Manchester (Alliance) Business School - Manchester, UK
● Emlyon Business School - Paris, Casablanca, Shanghai
● ESCP Europe Business School - London and Paris
● ESADE Business School - Barcelona, Spain
● EDHEC Business School - Nice, France
● WU Vienna University of Economics and Business - Vienna, Austria
Applications can be stressful so planning the process in advance and keeping in mind the timelines will help. Start writing and reviewing your essays, request for recommendations, and most importantly, keep all competitive exam scores ready!
All the best!